Sunset Tranquility in a cold Stockholm
[singlepic id=689 w=690 float=center]
Sunset in Stockholm during a cold winter.
[singlepic id=690 w=690 float=center]
[simpleviewer id=”14″ width=”690″ height=”690″]
In this large-scale 33 Mpix HDR panorama you can see:
- the Stockholm Globe Arena, Globen in Swedish – the largest hemispherical building in the world and represents the Sun in the world’s largest scale model of the Sweden Solar System. This Arena is primarily used for sports and musical performances.
- the three bridges Skansbron, Skanstullsbron, and Johanneshovsbron connects Södermalm to Johanneshov and are part of the major motorways passing through the central of Stockholm,
- the TV tower Hammarbytornet,
- Folksamhuset – the ninth tallest building in Sweden,
- Dagens Nyheter Scraper – DN-skrapan – a daily newspaper in Sweden, third tallest tower building in Sweden
- The old Tax Scraper building Skatteskrapan, now called “Studentskrapan” is currently serving mainly as student apartments
- Söder Torn is, shared with Studentskrapan, the tallest residential building in Stockholm
- Stockholm City Hall – Stadshuset is the venue of the Nobel Prize banquet and one of Stockholm’s major tourist attractions
- Riddarholmen Church – Riddarholmskyrkan – the burial church of the Swedish monarchs
- Church of Catherine – Katarina kyrka, one of the major churches in central Stockholm, rebuilt twice after being destroyed by fires
- Sofia Church – Sofia kyrka – named after queen Sofia of Nassau and belongs to Sofia parish of the Church of Sweden
- Hammarby sjöstad – Hammarby Lake City
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.